Thursday, September 29, 2005

Scuba

The people in our program come from all over, have varied backgrounds, and most have traveled quite extensively for 20-somethings. One day when I was being taught the somewhat involved way to stand defense against the ocean waves (i.e. when to swim into them and when to face them, etc.), a Boston girl asked, "Where have you been that you haven't swam in the ocean?" Hehe... or the other question, "Are you an ocean person or a mountain person?" I'm a prairie girl and I'll leave it at that.

So the descent to 6 meters (19 feet) into the ocean was a little scary. I'd like to say I was the first one out of the boat (see not so adventurous afterall, Gray), but no, I was the last. I'd like to say I didn't have to come up multiple times to stumble through questions in French like "Am I doing this right?" "Are my ears supposed to hurt?" "Why am I having so many problems?" "Is this normal?" And that was only the "baptism" dive meant to give me insight into what kind of scuba-er I'm going to make. To that I have no idea, but I guess I'll keep going 'cause my brother wants to tour the scuba world this December.

Here are some photos of Adventures in Scuba (
plongée in French, like plunge, I like that).


Of the eight people who signed up, the Brave Three -- Me, Alix, and Zodiac.


Michelle in the boat while everyone else's scubas.


Are you finally going to take the plunge or what?


Part II with gear.


Mmmm... finally in the water, "Why didn't I bring my french dictionary?"

1 Comments:

At 20/10/05 18:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still as beautiful as ever. Still as brilliant as ever.


- Ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker