Thursday, September 29, 2005

Being sick in Dakar -- Ce n'est pas grave!

I knew it would hit me sometime, but these things always come, well a bit, fast and loose and before I knew it I was joining the group with our coined and combined "Dakarhea." It's a bitter bitter cycle knowing virtually everything you eat is going to come out in liquid form. And knowing what things make it worse but knowing you have no choice but to eat that ceebu jen platter just one more time (it's the remedy for all sickness here no matter how tumultuous your stomach). Senegalese families don't understand "plain rice" or "plain pasta" or "plain" anything nor do they understand just not eating much while you're sick.

So, it's a struggle and also why I haven't posted in awhile. That and the internet being down day-after-day at our school, but ce n'est pas grave (it's no big deal, no problem, doesn't matter, just go with it -- what choice do I have?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker