Monday, September 19, 2005

A hammock weekend

We left Dakar for the first time since we've been here to travel to a small village called Toubab Dialaw, south of here about two hours. I didn't realize how tense I've been with everything -- the stress of adjusting, the high pace of Dakar, the constant traffic -- until I arrived at this quaint resort and gave in to all the hammock-filled corners, low-seated chairs facing the ocean, mosaic-tiled tables, shelled architecture. It made me yearn for endless days of writing and reading and pondering. And the food. I am learning to love Senegalese food which harbors tastes and smells I've never had in anything else, but it was good to have a few things with a Western flair including chocolate chip cookies and salad, mostly salad.











2 Comments:

At 20/9/05 14:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful....wow!

 
At 20/9/05 18:09, Blogger Michelle said...

MUF--

It's great to hear from you. And I'm interested to know more about your project. I haven't heard about this particular situation for Senegalese. Email me if you have the chance, mtherrick@yahoo.fr.

Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker