Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Celebrating the end of Ramadan

I wanted to write a quick note to say I'll be out of "comish" for a few days since I'll be celebrating the end of Ramadan with my family. The event is called Korite and will apparently happen either tomorrow or Friday depending on if the moon disappears or tonight or tomorrow. I'm not sure exactly what happens on Korite because every time I ask someone in my family they just say, "We dress up." "Then what?" I ask. "We eat and people visit." From Islam class, I learned it's also the time when people seek forgiveness from their friends and family and that's probably where the visiting comes in. I should have a lot of good photos by the time the week is over since everyone has bought a new outfit, new shoes, new hats for the occasion, and will most certainly want to be photographed in it.

Donc, Bon Korite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker